Alberta Floods 2013: Government’s Absurd Water Usage Restrictions
June 22, 2013 Leave a comment
Don’t wash wash your cars… unless you go to a commercial car wash.
• Limit toilet flushing.
• Limit showers to five minutes or less and keep baths shallow.
• Hold off on doing laundry.
• Only use your dishwasher if absolutely necessary and you have a full load.
• Turn off taps when brushing teeth or shaving.
• Don’t wash your vehicle.
Effective immediately and until further notice, the use of tap water outdoors is suspended….
There are exceptions to the Water Utility Bylaw. They include:
• Washing outdoor surfaces for health and safety reasons for childcare facilities, food and beverage establishments and kennel and animal care facilities.
• Washing of vehicles to follow health and safety regulations.
• Watering of plants, shrubs and trees offered for sale.
• Businesses that have a license to operate exterior window washing services and car washes.
— Read more at Calgary City News Blog —