Mini-Review: CBC Documentary “The Secret World of Gold”
April 19, 2013 Leave a comment
On April 18, CBC aired a documentary called “The Secret World of Gold.” Though flawed, the program was interesting and covered many issues.
Here are some things talked about in the documentary:
- The Bank of Canada has sold almost all our country’s gold over the last 30 years.
- Underwater treasure hunts for gold.
- Secret government deals to control gold.
- Futures market manipulation (this was by far the weakest part of the show — the futures market is not explained and the case made for manipulation is very thin).
- Buildings with gold windows.
- Wars for gold.
- How Chavez got all Venezuela’s gold back from the US and Europe
- Gold shifting to the East from the West
- Death gold from Nazi extermination camps (some of which was used to fill Hitler’s teeth — WTF).
- Allocation of central bank gold holdings — who owns the gold? Is the gold even there?
Think about taking 45 minutes out of your weekend to check it out. You can watch it here for free, the only drawback is there are a few dumb CBC ads.
You no longer need to watch it at CBC. The copyright police got to “The Secret World of Gold” on YouTube, so it looks like you have to watch on CBC…